Friday, January 2, 2009

Time Management

One of the biggest challenges I am facing right now is time management. I have so many things going on that it's hard to find time to do them all. (This is not a complaint. I'm enjoying it all.)

In doing research for this article, I have found some great advice that I will need to follow myself so that I can get all of the things done that I would like to.

The most important thing to do is to make time to manage your time. Stick to it.

One thing I am doing is making a commitment to myself to get these things done. By doing this, I am able to set a schedule with allotted time to each task. I then can prioritize them by what is the most urgent or would take the most or least amount of time to complete. Then I can tick them off my list as they are completed. This will help me make sure I get them done as well as see what I've accomplished.

Investing in a great pocket calendar, iPhone or Blackberry are great ways to help keep everything straight. The task feature in Microsoft Outlook is another great tool to learn and use. You can track progress if it is a task that has several steps or will take a while to complete.

Copyright 2008 Lynn Tincher

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The Literary Lynnch Pen is a weekly newsletter published by Lynn Tincher. About Lynn: Lynn was born in the small town of La Grange, Kentucky and grew up in Goshen. Lynn studied Theater Arts in College in hopes of becoming a Drama/English teacher. She has written articles in local newspapers and travel brochures. Now, she is focused on writing novels, short stories and poems. The second edition of her book "Afterthoughts" will be released in April of 2009 with the sequel "Left in the Dark" to be released on October of 2009. She also manages Artist Corner, an artist social website dedicated to help all artists become successful. Her eZine and website provides helpful tips and information. Lynn also provides email list management services. She has partnered with Constant Contact to help provide authors, artists, and small businesses the services to manage their email lists and marketing strategies, eZines, electronic newsletters, coupons and bulletins. Please visit: www.lynntincher.com artistcorner.ning.com www.myspace.com/lynntincher lynntincher.blogspot.com

Followers